Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Walking Down the Memory Lane: Second Bedtime Book

Hi guys, did anyone of you know Enid Blyton? I bet many of you grow up with her books collection same as me. I was a big fan of Enid Blyton's series and always will do

My kids are gonna be a collector like her mom's too one day. Being a gigantic collector, I owned a lotsa of her books. I start collecting since I was 9 years old. A bunch of thanks to my dad who always support my passion towards collecting Enid Blyton's books

I keep all the books until today with many of them still in my mom's house back home Kuala Krai. I just keep with myself in my house, KL a few of them and of course the one in a good conditions only. My husband is against me to bring all here as some of them got a minuscule bugs and we don't want to spread or produce another batch of anai-anai in our house. Bahahaha

 After 20 years, some of them totally looks old and torn out. So, it makes sense to let them stay with my mom, they just cannot stand a long haul journey from Kelantan to KL. lol. But as a replacement, I continued purchasing the books when I start earned my own money 7 years ago

But the one, the only one I want to share  this time is my first Enid Blyton's book in English. My father bought these for me when I was 9 years old. On that time, the only one things attract my attention was the colorful cover. Yes, the phrase  'don't judge a book by its cover' does not apply to me here. I couldn't understand the story during the time but the book remains with me till now!

 

I'm only fully understand of the contents when I was 15 years old (Form 3 in secondary school). Well, it's not surprise as English is not our Malaysian mothertongue especially those who were schooling in kampung like me  

Looking at this book like walking down in a memory lane. My sweet childhood, my always warm and kind father and my child-hood house

Till then!

.Love.