Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Mommy's Travelling Check List

Halloooooo...

Does travel with baby sound stressful? Never happened to me before as my family and I were only travel for balik kampung to Penang and Kelantan by car and it tooks around 4-6 hours journey only. So less stressful there

Sophie at 9 months never rides any public transport but for this time balik kampung yes we will rides a train back to my hometown in Kuala Krai for my cousin's wedding. I can foresee a little bit stressful as my husband not come along with us but I have my cousin and her son with me this time. I hope it's helpful

We will rides in a cabin coach with 2 double-decker bed, one sink, 1 chair and TV.  I’m hoping Sophie will behave. Please please don’t throw tantrums. But a real worry and concerns right now is “how-to-pack-my heavy luggage" (definitely it will heavy as we are away for 7 days!)

and

“mommy-wants-to-bring-everythings”

>_<

Image: refinery29.com

In order to avoid hay wire, I prepared this packing list. Gulp. I know it’s a long list but I need it all and I’m not kind of agreed with travel light policies. Almost every time, packing smart inevitably means packing light, but when your goal is to pack light at all costs, sometimes you’ll leave behind something that really could come in handy

We definitely cannot compromise with our baby needs and I rather say I pack smart and dude, it's 12 hours journey-Mashallah!

Wish me luck!


Travelling Check-list (Luggage) 

Sophie

1. Food
Powdered Milk (for 2 days)
One feeding bowl
Plastic containers (2)
A set of spoons
Few bottles of Heinz food
Farley Rusks Biscuits
Bottles (1 big) (2 smalls)
Bibs (2)
* Use Zip Locs as it is fabulous for keeping clean ones clean and organized

2. Diapers
10 only (for 2 days)
Wipes (1)
Napkins (2)
Assorted plastic bags (for used diapers)

3 . Clothes (Approx. 2 outfits per day)
Pyjamas (4)
Pants (4) Tights (1)
Shirts (2)
Casual/home (4)
Outing (4)
Socks (2)
Shoes (2)
Handkerchiefs (2)
* This is pretty straightforward, but you don’t need to fill your luggage with extra clothing if you have the chance to wash during your trip. But sometimes the weather is unpredictable, so it should be okey to put extra clothes for your baby/kids as their tiny clothes only need small space compared to parents. (so mommies, do sacrifices your clothes!) haha

4. Toiletries
Ointment
Diaper Cream
Comb
Vicks
* Prevent leaks by packing medicines and toiletries in Zip Locs. You can easily get one in Carrefour or Cold Storage.

5. Nighttime Necessities
Dora Blanket
One small pillow

6. Toys/Books
* You need fewer toys than you think. Just bring 2-3 items only and;-
* Pack the small version and leave the giant toys at home

7. Extras
Towel
Headbands

Mommy

1. Clothes
Pyjamas (3)
Pants/home (3)
Pants/outing (3)
Shirts/home (4)
Tops/blouses (4)
Socks (2)
Extra shoes
Baju kurung (2)
Tudung/Shawl (5)
Undergarments (8) (2)
Accessories
* Pack basic, solid-colored clothing that mix and match – for your kids, and for yourself. Keep it cotton and wrinkle-free, too.

 
2. Skin care/ Toiletries (in Zip Loc bags)
* Pack the small version. You can ask for the samples from beauty counters in any shopping mall.

3. Make-up 
* Pack light and go for the basis unless you’re attending fashion show!

4. Medicines
Pack light unless you’re going to Congo

 Image: refinery29.com

5. Extras
Towel
Chargers (phone/ camera)
Extra shoes
handbag
Lamp (small) the one can easily attach to plug
Pink pillow case (2)
Table runner (2)
* For hygiene’s purpose, I would bring my own pillow case and blanket
* For blanket we can use them to lay our baby on, cover our baby, cover ourselves, protect our clothes from messy burps, shade our baby, and more

Travelling Check-list (Carry bag)
(With 2 organizer bags inside)
I got mine one from Popular Book Store & the other one from Fashion Valet

Mommy

1. Purse
2. Tickets
3. Camera
4. Kipas nyonya
5. Kitchen towel
6. Tissue/ Hand sanitizer
7. Mineral water
8. Snacks (just in case train delay)

Sophie

1. Handkerchief (1)
2. Pacifier
3. Napkin (1)
4. Bib (1)
5. Wipes
6. Sweater
7. Thermos
8. Drink water in tumbler (small)
9. Milk Powder Dispenser (fill in)
10. Milk Bottle (1 big)

To Buy @ kampung
* If you need more, you can usually buy more instead of packing more. If you need more diapers, more milk, or something else don’t try taking all you need for your whole trip. In most cases, it’s a better idea to buy what you need when you need it

1. Milk
2. Diapers
3. Wipes
4. Bottle brush
5. Bottle liquid cleanser
6. Shower gel

Thanks for reading
salam,
Mrs.D.A